1991 Nissan Tranny and Clutch Questions

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
The transmission makes noise in all gears except for 4th. I suspect worn synchros as I am guessing that 4th is the direct drive gear and all the others make noise and none in 4th.

Clutch adjustment, engagement? Sometimes after the truck has set for extended periods of time, the pedal needs a bit of pumping up before it has any feel to it. Also, when releasing the pedal, the vehicle begins motion just after the pedal is being released. During this time the vehicle is sometimes hard to put into gear until after the vehicle is warmed up and a "somewhat" more natural clutch action returns. It is still not right but better. I am thinking that some of the hard shifting could be a combination of the 2 problems. The clutch needing adjustment, bleeding, throw-out bearing.....more?? and possibly the worn synchros?

If it is worn synchros, does anyone know what I am looking at for a rebuild on the tranny or a rebuilt exchange?

Thanks in advance if you can shed some light. I am trying not to spend too much money on the truck as all it is for me is something to drive to the docks to go offshore for me.

Randy

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
You may want too check out NissanFrontier.net free too join, find it kinda helpful w/my Nissan ..
Rick

Top Bottom