Yz125Rider13

Sep 1, 2003
The case that surrounds the bolt when you tighten it is half cracked off (there is only one half of the case still surrounding the bolt) so the guy decided to jb weld it shut probably never to change his oil ever again. the problem is that im looking for an easy way to fix this while still keeping it easy to change the oil. my friend had suggested rubber plugs but i dont really know that much about them. the bolt still goes in but it leaks out alot having missing half of the case around the bolt. any suggestions? Thanks

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
A good fabricator would be able to cut and weld in a chunk of aluminum. The drain hole would probably have to be welded shut then drilled and tapped.

Last edited:

jaction125

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2003
Man that's wierd, I had a 91 yz125 with nearly the same problem. Damn thing dumped all the oil out on me one day. When I started riding it again I used blue silicone on the bolt so it wouldn't leak. Seemed to work long enough to sell it. That bike was the worst p.o.s. I've ever owned.

You didn't buy that bike in IL did you? Hot pink frame with white plastic? If so I'm sorry. ;) Oh yeah, that's right hot pink :eek:

Yz125Rider13

Sep 1, 2003
hahah na i bought that bike in pa and wheres that guy with the einstein symbol the really smart one that knows the answer to any wuestion where is he to tell me what to do help me!!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by Yz125Rider13
where is he to tell me what to do help me!!

Learn to spell and make an attempt to use punctuation. How's that? :confused:

Moto Squid gave you the proper answer. :thumb:

Top Bottom