1992 CR250 2 Stroke Wont Go Past 1/4 Throttle! HELP!!!!!!

donahue_85

Jan 31, 2013
Ok, here is what I've done thus far, needless to say without results.

1. Replaced right side crank seal
2. Corrected powervalve to proper place & ensured operational movement
3. Oil change
4. New spark plug (NGK BR8EG)
5. Checked spark
6. Checked reeds (brand new)
7. Replaced intake/reed gasket
8. Adjusted air/fuel mixture screw
9. Played with idle
10. Cleaned carburator (about 10x)
11. Added fresh fuel

I have done all these things & nothing seems to have made any difference in the performance of the bike!!! I have hit a brick wall here. :bang: PLEASE offer any advice!!!!!!!!! I want to start with simple things & then move on to the tough stuff.

I have not done a compression check on this bike yet, but either way, it should still run, idle & hit high RPM's, even with low compression. I know this much. I have also not messed with any jetting aside from cleaning them a ton of times.

It is acting as if it hits a rev limiter. After 1/4 throttle, it starts to bog & smoke heavily, like its running too rich. I mix the fuel at 32:1 as recommended. it goes, brrrrrrrrum, bum bum bum bum bum bum. Like if you hold down the gas pedal all the way in your car. It is acting like that. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yikes: :( :yikes:

donahue_85

Jan 31, 2013
Oh & just to say, I bought this from a dude on craigslist that had it sitting in a barn for about 4 years without being touched! He was selling it as a parts bike, but I thought I'd fix it up & get some fun out of it :ride: , but not so far. LOL :yell:

I do have videos on youtube you can check out to get a better idea of what I'm talking about. I tried to upload a link to them on here but it won't let me for some reason & it wouldn't even let me upload the ones from my computer either. Go to youtube & type this in the search bar
(1992 honda cr250r right side crankseal troubles) it's made by me (James Donahue). It should be the first one that pops up. This will show you what I've been through on this bike & will also take you to my other video to show you the bike running & doing what I'm having troubles with. It's called (1992 Honda CR250 WONT REV).

Check them out & PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! :worship:

Last edited:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I took a look at your video and you may not necessarily have had a bad crank seal. There can be oil on the inside because the oil on the premix is on that side. Since you already have it all apart you might as well change it.

You said it was sitting for a long time. Is the air box clear? Critters have been known to build nests in there. Also check to see that the pipe and silencer are all opened up too. Also, do the power valves actually move when actuated? I can’t think of anything else right now.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom