ya ma ha

Jun 24, 2007
i bought a 92' yz250 a week ago and i would like to change the trans. oil but i dont know how much to put back in it.. their is no window on it.. should i just guess and put like a quart in it or what plz help me out thanks!!

Mavrick70004

Oct 17, 2006
Does it not say on the Cover? should be in cm3 or maybe ml or something like that . my 06 takes about .8quarts of 10w-30... i take it you didnt get a Service manual when you got it?

yamarider88

Jun 24, 2007
i have a 1995 yz 250 and on the cover and in the manule it says it takes 750cm3 i think thats probably what yours would take because yea what yz250rider1 said its pretty much the same engine.

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
The YZ's typically have a screw that when you remove it opens a path to the transmission case. You fill until oil comes out this hole.

On my YZ's (86, 96 & 97) this screw is in an awkward spot, sort of behind the brake lever and to the side of the kick starter. It looks just like all the other screws but if you look closely you may notice that it is a little bit more inside than all the others and it may have a larger washer/gasket under the head.

I suggest that you buy a manual for your bike. It will probably show you a picture of where that screw is and answer a lot of other similar questions.

Rod

Top Bottom