nate011

Apr 11, 2008
Hey guys,

tomorrow im buying a yz80 from my friend for 80 bucks.. since it wont start and has grey oil.

But the bike has good spark and compression, but it wont start, im wondering if its his fuel mixture

He said last time he ran it he "poped started it, ran it down the road then brought it back up to his house then it boged down and wouldnt start again."

i was wondering if you guys could give me some tips on what i should look at

thanks,
nate

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
please define "good compression" do you have an exact number? low compression makes a bike hard to start and you can many times bump start them...

Is the plug wet. its not his fuel/oil ratio. guys are running way crazy oil ratio's and its not problem.

start with the low hanging fruit. replace the plug. sometimes you can see spark when the plug is outside the cylinder but when under compression its a different story. if the plug is not getting wet then look for compression, reeds, and plugged fuel line, stuck floats... grey oil needs changing but has nothing to do with starting. the oil only has to do with the gearbox unless you have blown crank seals.

Top Bottom