Welcome to DirtRider.Net
FREE FORUM MEMBERSHIP and NO ADVERTISEMENTS.
TURN-OFF THE ADS!

1993 Kdx 250

I have just purchased a 1993 what i was told was a kx 250. After running the vin I found out it was a kdx 250. I have never owned a kxd only kx. I'm doing a total rebuild on the bike, however I'm having problems finding parts. Does anyone know what years and models are interchangable? Any help would be appriciated.

Ivan, thank you very much. I am a little confused, the frame is registered to a 93 kdx 250 but everything I can find on the motor is a kx 250. I wonder if the motor has been swapped......that would be sweet. Anyway thank you again for the help.

- a d v e r t i s e m e n t -

truespode

Wheelie King
Website
truespode.net
If I remember correctly, the same engine was used in the KX and KDX with some modifications to detune the KDX. Maybe the tranny is geared different as well but not sure. I had a friend with a KDX250 and that thing was a tank but fun.

If I remember correctly, the same engine was used in the KX and KDX with some modifications to detune the KDX. Maybe the tranny is geared different as well but not sure. I had a friend with a KDX250 and that thing was a tank but fun.
Yeah, I think your right. The research ive been doing points to exactly what you said. It even says kx 250 on the engine. So now I'm going to mess around a bit and get more power. I don't do much trail riding but did race for 9 years until i lost both my bikes in a divorce. Haha a tank indeed hopefully ill have it up and running soon. Thanks again for your time sir much gratitude.

- a d v e r t i s e m e n t -

Find PARTS, TOOLS & GEAR Close-outs and Deals from multiple dealer inventories.
Try It!