Sean Perry

Mar 14, 2016
I have just purchased a 1993 what i was told was a kx 250. After running the vin I found out it was a kdx 250. I have never owned a kxd only kx. I'm doing a total rebuild on the bike, however I'm having problems finding parts. Does anyone know what years and models are interchangable? Any help would be appriciated.

Sean Perry

Mar 14, 2016
Ivan, thank you very much. I am a little confused, the frame is registered to a 93 kdx 250 but everything I can find on the motor is a kx 250. I wonder if the motor has been swapped......that would be sweet. Anyway thank you again for the help.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
If I remember correctly, the same engine was used in the KX and KDX with some modifications to detune the KDX. Maybe the tranny is geared different as well but not sure. I had a friend with a KDX250 and that thing was a tank but fun.

Sean Perry

Mar 14, 2016
If I remember correctly, the same engine was used in the KX and KDX with some modifications to detune the KDX. Maybe the tranny is geared different as well but not sure. I had a friend with a KDX250 and that thing was a tank but fun.
Yeah, I think your right. The research ive been doing points to exactly what you said. It even says kx 250 on the engine. So now I'm going to mess around a bit and get more power. I don't do much trail riding but did race for 9 years until i lost both my bikes in a divorce. Haha a tank indeed hopefully ill have it up and running soon. Thanks again for your time sir much gratitude.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom