DIRTBIKEDJ

Jun 13, 2007
basically when i nail the throttle, it revs up fine but a little bit after the it hits its power band, it starts cutting out, to me it sounds like what a revlimiter sounds like on a car. rev then die rev then die over and over. it only happens at a certain rpm in every gear. also it wont idle to save its life, but i dont know if its related

so i started checking all the usual stuff
replaced spark plug
getting a nice fat spark
cleaned filter
cleaned carb
played with air screw- nothing
played with the jetting- no fix
checked reeds-look new
checked power valve- working fine
compression at 145 psi
checked for air leaks by spaying carb cleaner everywhere on seals

i am stumped, could it be the coil, stator, or something like that.

sorry for the long post guys but i am stumped any help is greatly appreciated, thanks :bang: :bang:

Last edited:

kurt15

May 22, 2006
now dont make fun if this is stupid, but possibly loading up really bad?? right before you giver, maybe try reving the bike up a little to clear things up?

DIRTBIKEDJ

Jun 13, 2007
It has always ran good with that mix. i just rebuilt it from the ground up all new bearings, seals, piston rings ect. I know what i am doing i have jetted it down on the main from 200 (stock) to a 190 and moved the slide needle to the second grove from the top and it runs into the high rpm but seems to be to lean. it has always ran good with stock jetting before.

Last edited:

psustang89

Jun 22, 2006
Isn't that compression a little low? I'm not an expert by any means, so this is more of a question. My 94 RM averaged around 180 psi in 3 checks. That top end has <8 hours on it. My friend's 02 CR250 was also in the mid-180's after approx 10 hours on the top end.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom