greensierra

May 6, 2007
I may want to buy this bike,but have no background about bikes.Any tips on what I should look for,so I dont get myself a bad deal? The price is a bit low already,he says it needs brakes..I am looking for a reliable trail bike to putter around deactivated logging roads.

kx125412

Mar 30, 2006
What part of canada are you in? There's a kid at my school selling an RT100 of the same year I think and its a horrible little bike, not every RT 100, just his.

greensierra

May 6, 2007
600 obo I like the price,but dunno if he is hiding something,havent seen it yet.But would like to check it out.Some pointers on what to immediately look at would be cool.I am mechanically enclined and can tell a sick engine,but am new to bikes.Not really worried on cosmetics,it would be strictly to cover moderate trails and roads in the bush for fishing hiking etc.

kx125412

Mar 30, 2006
Well it should have pretty good compression. Probably around 120PSI if you can check that, but the kickstarter should be somewhat hard to push down. It should start within a couple kicks. Check the tires, air filter, frame, just look for a bike that's been maintained fairly well. 600's not too bad you might be able to find something else for that price.

greensierra

May 6, 2007
For 600 I can only get a 1978 -1982 100cc 2 stroker around here more if its a YZ or similar.
Thats why I though the price was good for a 1993,maybe he's only asking fair and everone else is high.
Just bought a 1980 Yamaha GT 80 it needs a bit of TLC but is a turnkey usable bike, paid 400.

There are the Chinese knockoffs,for 700 I can get a barely used 125 4 stroker,but I am not sure if that is going to be a regrettable purchase..

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom