1994 and 1997 yz250 fuel/oil mix ratio

blyth

Jan 11, 2010
The search feature is not working for me. I looked through several pages for this..but have not found it yet. I am sure it is in this forum somewhere. Basically.... Can anybody tell me what the suggested fuel octane...and the mix ratio is suggested for a 1994 and a 1997 yz250? I would appreciate it. I am a new rider and bought both bikes at a heck of a price. Thank you for the help.

GoldDrum

Aug 5, 2009
I always use the highest octane pump gas. As for ratio you will hear anywhere from 32:1 - 50:1. I run 40-44:1 Amsoil Dominator.

jb_dallas

Feb 17, 2009
This topic has been discussed extensively on this site. When I had 2 strokes, I ran 93 octane. The ratio really depends on how your bike is jetted. From the factory, you simply run what the manual recommends. For old bikes, you never know what the previous owner has done. I bought a RM 125 that the previous owner jetted as if it was a big bore. I installed a much smaller main jet and finally got it dialed in. The difference in size could be seen with the naked eye..thats bad. Many people dont know what they are doing when it comes to jetting. I ran 40:1 in my RM.

blyth

Jan 11, 2010
Thanks for the input...Like I said..I tried searching first....and it is not working for me...but I do appreciate the comments...and have no doubts that it is covered extensively in this forum and I will continue to try the search feature...it just comes up a blank screen when I click search. I just wanted a baseline idea...and 40:1 sounds good for the short time. Thanks so much

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom