hakujin01

Feb 16, 2009
Hi guys, my KDX has a pretty slow leak from either the petcock or the carb. It drains about a gallon every 3-4 days.. I have the carb and petcock out and am going to thoroughly clean them both, if anyone else has had this problem before please gimme some tips =P thanks! Ill update whether or not it fixes it.

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
Hmm. see if it's leaking where mine is. The nipple or whatever that the gas line plugs into is separate from the petcock itself so that it can swivel. Mine leaks from there pretty badly, but it does stop when the fuel is turned off.

hakujin01

Feb 16, 2009
i think i found the problem, the o-"ring" that goes on the petcock has a small nick in it.. pretty lame but it doesnt matter too much i guess, just gotta burn the gas i put in =P

hakujin01

Feb 16, 2009
hmm now I dont know WHAT to think, I cleaned the carb n petcock, and i tried to run my bike dry but it seems that even in the off position the fuel still flows... the gasket LOOKS alright, but considering the issues i might have to recheck it.. any thoughts?

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
I'd guess you need the seal that goes inside. bikebandit has it available. Go to OEM parts for your bike and check under fuel tank. You'll see all the bits to the petcock there.

Does the outlet on your petcock swivel? That's where mine is leaking, and I can't for the life of me figure out what is suppose to stop it from leaking there. There's no space for even the smallest o-ring to go in there.

j>

hakujin01

Feb 16, 2009
yeah mine does swivel, and i noticed that at certain points, its loose, but other angles make it fit in there really tight, and thanks for the info on where to get parts for it too =D

Top Bottom