YZ 125

Jan 14, 2005
I need to replace a front brake hose on a 1994 KTM MXC 300, I have WP upside-down forks and the brake hose goes under the fork, and every brake hose I order are for I think are for the cr style routing or conventional forks.The original brake hose is around 1595 mm or 5 feet and 2 inches and the ones that I order are about 1 foot shorter. Can some one tell me where I can buy a brake hose 5 feet and 2 inches. Does some also know if all the 1994 brake hoses are upside-down and not the marizochi conventional forks.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
YZ 125 said:
I need to replace a front brake hose on a 1994 KTM MXC 300, I have WP upside-down forks and the brake hose goes under the fork, and every brake hose I order are for I think are for the cr style routing or conventional forks.The original brake hose is around 1595 mm or 5 feet and 2 inches and the ones that I order are about 1 foot shorter. Can some one tell me where I can buy a brake hose 5 feet and 2 inches. Does some also know if all the 1994 brake hoses are upside-down and not the marizochi conventional forks.

I assume you have checked the local KTM dealer? I thought the forks were conventional until later in the decade, so you may have to search for a later model bike for the right length.

You haven't listed your location, but if you are near any large city check the Yellow Pages for hydraulic hoses and you will likely find one that can fix you up. I used Motion Industries for all my custom hoses on my Pro Stock when I raced dragsters. They have many options available.

YZ 125

Jan 14, 2005
Tony Eeds said:
I assume you have checked the local KTM dealer? I thought the forks were conventional until later in the decade, so you may have to search for a later model bike for the right length.

You haven't listed your location, but if you are near any large city check the Yellow Pages for hydraulic hoses and you will likely find one that can fix you up. I used Motion Industries for all my custom hoses on my Pro Stock when I raced dragsters. They have many options available.

Yes I have checked with my local dealer and they have ordered hoses from moose, and two other ones that I forgot the name of. The 1994 ones are upside-down and I think 1995 to whatever years were conventional. I had searched for another year of a brake hose and I think I got a 2000-2003 SX 250 hose but it was about 5 inches short. I am from Hollister, CA about 1 hour from silicon valley. I just went on the internet to look up the yellow pages for hydraulic hoses and I found a couple places but they are closed today. I will call on Monday to see if anyone makes hoses.

Thanks
]

YZ 125

Jan 14, 2005
TM-Frank said:
What speaks against using the shorter line and route it "cr-style"?

I have tried, but every way I tried it seemed dangerous because the hose would might have somehow catch on to something. The ford guard holder thing is in the way also. I have tried to find a company that makes a fork guard so you can route it "cr-style" but none of them have the same year all of them are for 2002 and stuff.

TM-Frank

Dec 15, 2000
OK, I looked it up in the parts fiche and I see the problem. You could leave away the guard guiding thing and attach the hose to the guard with a zip-tie or so, but then the guard would propably wobble around like a pendulum.

Your KTM dealer has already tried to get a genuine KTM spare part before ordering aftermarket stuff, I assume? If that isn't available anymore ask at someplace wehere they are building Harley choppers. I think these guys need extra long brake lines frequently when they install their bar risers and extra long forks. They should be able to tell you a supplier.

When you don't find anything in the US (which I can not really believe) there is a company in Germany where you can order custom hydralic lines to your specs. When you want they send you a quarter mile of brake line, so that you can brake down your bike in the garage while watching TV in the living room. I had them make a rear brake line for my rear-brake-to-left-bar-end convertion after installing the Rekluse clutch. That one was 1.70 metres long. Website is www.spiegler.de Download the brake line catalogue and look up which fittings you need.

YZ 125

Jan 14, 2005
TM-Frank said:
OK, I looked it up in the parts fiche and I see the problem. You could leave away the guard guiding thing and attach the hose to the guard with a zip-tie or so, but then the guard would propably wobble around like a pendulum.

Your KTM dealer has already tried to get a genuine KTM spare part before ordering aftermarket stuff, I assume? If that isn't available anymore ask at someplace wehere they are building Harley choppers. I think these guys need extra long brake lines frequently when they install their bar risers and extra long forks. They should be able to tell you a supplier.

When you don't find anything in the US (which I can not really believe) there is a company in Germany where you can order custom hydralic lines to your specs. When you want they send you a quarter mile of brake line, so that you can brake down your bike in the garage while watching TV in the living room. I had them make a rear brake line for my rear-brake-to-left-bar-end convertion after installing the Rekluse clutch. That one was 1.70 metres long.

We just called a place that make hydraulic brake lines and they said they could so it for $30-40 dollars.

Thanks

Top Bottom