SZKIRM125

Jun 10, 2010
Hello im new to the forums. I just got a 94 RM125 and i am currently running Kawasaki 2-Stroke engine oil with regular gas at the ratio of 32:1 and it seems to be spitting out a lot of black oil and smoking bad and also bogging down when i hit the throttle but it idles nice. Some of my friends said to run 90 octane and the Golden Spectro engine oil at 50:1. Does that sound right? Please help.
Thank You. :think:

YZ__rider

Jan 16, 2010
It all depends on how the carb is jetted. You can jet a bike to run 20:1 or 50:1 if you chose to...opinions vary on the jetting topic and it has been discussed extensively. My point is that if your bike is jetted for 50:1 and you are running 32:1, it will not run correctly. It will spit oil from the pipe, foul plugs, bog, etc. I ran my RM125 at 32:1 and it was jetted for 32:1, so it ran great. I would try re jeting the carb and running 92 octane. There are lots of people that run 50:1...I personally think that is too thin.

YZ__rider

Jan 16, 2010
Buy a service manual for your bike and you can read how to do it. I reference the service manuals on my 2 bikes frequently. You would also be wise to do some searches on this site about jetting a 2 stroke.

SZKIRM125

Jun 10, 2010
Thanks its not that i dont know anything about dirtbikes. I had 4-Strokes all my life and i was planning on getting a YZ250f but then i came across a RM125 and its my first 2-Stroke and i dont know too much about the 2-Stroke. :think:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom