Monkeyboag

May 30, 2002
MY son in law has a 95 kx 250 and it runs like crap... it pops, cuts out, backfires (that was a first for me to hear a 2stroke backfire) and fouls plugs.. It has a new rad valve,top end,and power valve.. is it the carb float?? Does anyone have any jetting specs for him to try?? Any help is appreciated...... Thanks.........

motomad

May 26, 2002
A great man taught me long ago"make sure the ignition's right before you start screwing with the carb."
Having said that,also check the stuff that's new(reeds maybe? vacuum leak?)And I think Boyesen does recommend leaner jetting with the rad valve.

Last edited:

EZ-Rider

~SPONSOR~
Nov 20, 2000
Originally posted by Monkeyboag
MY son in law has a 95 kx 250 and it runs like crap... it pops, cuts out, backfires ......... It has a new rad valve,top end,and power valve.....

How did it run before this work was done? If it ran okay it would be a safe bet that it has to do with one of the "new" items. What plug is in the bike and how old is it? What jets are in the bike right now? Does it run smoothly at any point in the rpm range? Have you checked the ignition? or are you positive it's fuel related?

Top Bottom