alexrad

Jun 1, 2008
hi all

i have bought a 1996 honda cr125r and rebuilt bottom and top end and it starts and drives but doesnt have enough power.. i can only feel the power at high RPMs... when i pin it at 1/4 - 1/2 rpm range it slowly picks up speed, its hard to pop a wheely. Also sometimes when i stall, it doesnt start up first kick, have to kick 3-4 times repeatedly to boot it up.

thanks.

alexrad

Jun 1, 2008
compression is all good as it is all brand new, the reeds on there seem fairly good but i am looking for new carbon reeds. the timing seems right. i am guessing it is the jetting but i do not know the proper measurement for the float.. i am guessing the float is either too high or too low, i looked around for proper float height but cannot seem to find anything at all.. does anyone know or have this measurement?

Thanx
Alex

alexrad

Jun 1, 2008
i have a carb question.. i searched for specs on tuning the carb and i found out about the main jet and slow jet.. for my bike the main jet is 170 and 55 for the slow jet... but my question is what do these numbers stand for or how can i set the carb jets to these numbers??

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
The slow and main jets, the bigger the number, the bigger the jet. You need to understand them and how to read your spark plugs. The link in my last post, read it a few times. Get a shop manual.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom