apriest

Sep 10, 2001
Just bought a used kdx 200 1996 has a loud click at idle goes away when I rev it up or ride above about 2000 rpms. any ideas what it might be? seems to have plenty of power runs fine.

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
KDXs tend to have a rattly, deisel-like sound at idle and very low rpms. Unless the sound is very loud, it is probably just the normal Kawie rattle.

apriest

Sep 10, 2001
Thanks spanky I had heard that from a friend too, Does it have to do with that kipps devise and is there some kind of adjustment?

MADisher

Grand Data Poohbah
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 30, 2000
It's just the way it is... So I'm told... Mine is kinda noisy. Some folks use a full quart or fill the tranny to the top of the site glass to try and quite it a bit.

I'm not sure it it's the KIPS linkage or what. No one seems to know for sure. I'd pay $100 for some aftermarket what ever to fix it :)

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
inspect kipps valve !

my boy's 96 was carboned up real bad! made weird rattle© remove left side inspection cover ¥looks like big flat screw¤ with a 10 mm socket gently exercise it if it move smoothly it's oK if not , most likey the kipps valve needs service© at least mine did© also the bike will be very flat on the bottom end©

Top Bottom