dave2005

Jun 1, 2007
Hello,

My buddy has a 1996 KX 250 which he says is not turning the motor over when he kicks the bike over. He says there is a spring in there that is broken. I do not have a clue, and he does not have a owners manual (I keep telling him to get one!!!)

Does this sound like a broke spring or are we getting into something a little deeper?

OldassKDX

Nov 9, 2000
Hard to tell there without looking at it bud. I've actually had the return spring on a kickstarter pop out of its retaining hole and wedge itself so that the bike acted like it was seized.......I'm still not sure how it happened. Pull the right side cover off and visually inspect to see if the return spring or something else is out of whack. I don't think it should take too long. For the record though, I've had the kickstarter problem once in my life and haven't really heard of other people having the same problem. I don't want to count the times I've worked with a seized piston......so take that for what it's worth.

dave2005

Jun 1, 2007
well, he said that sometimes it will catch and kick over and start so he was thinking it was the spring.

Thanks for the help

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom