1996 XR100 plastic; years/colors that fit?

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
Just picked up a '96 XR100 in need of TLC for my daughter to learn on. That year had white plastic on white frame with some purple accents and a red seat. I was surprised to not find this question answered after a search so here goes.

What other year's plastics will interchange for this little XR? Considering switching it over to red to freshen it up a bit for her (I'd repaint the frame silver while I was at it). Can anyone recommend the best brand plastic available for this bike? If it has to be white that's fine since the only plastic really in need of replacement is the right side panel.

Thanks!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Up to '97 has the exact same type of tank mounting (formed in the tank) but is still white. Then up thru 2000 has the same type of tank (i.e. no seat needed) but bolt on brackets to the tank. Then up thru current should fit but will need all the brackets for the new plastic and seat assy.

Clarke should have a red tank available but I suspect you'll need to get the side panels & fender from the dealer which means still white side panels but red fenders are available.

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
Pat, you really know these little XR's! I found a good fiche lookup on Service Honda's site and the frames are indeed the same part number from '93-'99. They're again the same part number from 2000-2005 (yep, even the '04-'05 CRF100 uses the same frame). I wouldn't be surprised if the only difference is the earlier ones are Shasta White and the later ones are Silver Metallic, though I suspect they probably moved a bracket or two given the new seat and tank design.

BTW, the only tank Clarke offers for the XR's is red, so that exists should I decide to go that route. But for now I think we'll just keep it white and get the newer graphics for it (probably '99) since purple is not so trendy anymore.

Michelangelo

Nov 2, 2004
I myself have modded up a supermotard front fender onto my 2000 XR100, along with a 2003 KTM front number plate. Would like to do a more updated tank though with seat.

Top Bottom