tonester

Aug 10, 2001
Great Bike!!

This was one of the best 125's to come from the Honda mill. The powerplants in both the '95 and '96 models were awesome. Most pro's continued to use the '96 cylinder through '00. If the bike is in good shape and the engine is stock, buy it. You won't be sorry. :silly:

YZDezertGuy

Apr 18, 2001
If I recall correctly it was a YZ he was asking about. A yz from the Honda mill eh? Thats a new one! Sorry just had to give ya crap about that one.

I've got a 97 yz125 (if any comparison to the 96). Its a great bike, i've learned that it pulls alot harder and has alot more torque then the later models. I love it just as much as my 01. Give it a shot and let us know what ya think!

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
The YZ 125 made a tremendous leap forward from '96 to '97. The '97 was better in every way than it's predecessors. The '96 was a fun, reliable bike, but it is not in the same class as the '97 and later bikes in terms of suspension and power.

KawiRider

Sep 23, 2000
Thanks for all of the replies!

Hi, thanks for all of the replies. They are greatly appreciative. I was wondering, in Spanky250's post, he mentioned about the power and the suspension. I do not mind the supsension because we are Enduro/Hare Scrambles riders. (The bike is for my son) This is the ad that is about the bike. (Power wise) Pro Circuit pipe, new piston, blue printed motor, ported and polished, oversize jets, new boyesen power reeds. Now will this help out the bike in the difference in the years? (1996-to present) Would this bike still be competitive with these modifications done to the bike?
-Thanks again!

MoToMaNYz125

Apr 2, 2001
Re: Great Bike!!

a yz from honda huh? dude ummm that is the yamaha inc that makes yz's haha no were talking abouyt a 96 yz125, the 96 yz's been 125 of the year since the year of 96

YoTRacer158

Jan 10, 2001
i would be careful with a 96 yz125, its a great bike but they were prone to having first gear explode...it happened on my bike to the guy who owned it b4 me. chances are the bike has already had a new first gear put in before if its lasted this long. my bike now has a 97 yz125 motor in it and it rips...but im getting a 250f in the next couple months so we'll see how it compares

Top Bottom