MRKRacing125

Oct 24, 2000
Okay, I am going to be rebuilding my friends top end on his 1997 cr125. Anyways, I got off the radiator and all the liquids out and took the head off. I took the powervalve (s) cover off. Now in order to take the cylinder off this model of cr, do you have to take out this little pin that connects the arm to the shaft? And if so do you have to do this to both sides? We have a manual so dont tell me to go out and buy a manual. :confused:

Durt Cycler

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
:moon: If your referring to the poweravle rod arm then you must take the clip out and the flange off the arm to fully disconnect the cylinder from the bottomend. :moon:

sorry for the moons I just couldn't resist!

MRKRacing125

Oct 24, 2000
Do you have to do this to both sides? Because on the 97's I think it has two arms. One on the left side and one on the right side:think

Durt Cycler

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
Nope, only on the right. The shaft controls both powervavle mechanisms. Once you crack on that manual it'll be easier. One thing to look for is where the powervavle rod comes out of the bottom end there might be a pool of burned up premix oil laying in there. I got it out by using a 3FT peice of vent tubing to suck most of it out. :aj:

Top Bottom