NJGregsCR

Feb 25, 2007
I just bought online, a tall seat from SDG USA. I'm over 6' and my knees always bother me from standing up then sitting down on the hard stock seat. Also I hope the new seat will have a more comfortable foam shape.
I looked at Ceet & Guts, but nothing really online for my bike listed, and the SDG is a complete seat with the pan. At 120.00, I thought it wasn't bad considering the seperate components would total about that then I had to wrestle the cover on.
Next I'm going to look for a set of dropped height pegs and I hope the combo does the trick.

Anybody have any luck with the SDG products?

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
I have had SDG's on a couple of my bikes.

97 CR250
98 YZ250
99 250MXC
03 CR250

On all of these I have ran the tall version. The honda seats fit just like stock, the YZ seat had to be persuaded to fit, & the KTM seat took 2 returns to SDG till it fit

ymmv, but I have been totally happy with 3 of the 4. The KTM seat was never up to snuff.

NJGregsCR

Feb 25, 2007
Thanks, that sets my mind at ease.
Let me ask you about the comfort- I ride with the kids through woods, trails, etc. I end up sitting alot since we are just cruising along most of the time waiting for the little guys to catch up. The stock CR seat really was a hard, square shaped brick, and sitting for any period sucked. (I know, it wasn't intended for sitting).
How is the SDG? Is the shape & padding comfortable?

Thanks,
Greg

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
The SDG's are way better than the stock 97-99 CR250 seat.
Probably due to the fact the SDG does not have a large piece of hard styrofoam between the pan & seat foam.

NJGregsCR

Feb 25, 2007
very good, thanks. SDG was really the only mfg'r to offer a complete solution, so I'm hopin it works out well. Sounds like you guys are happy with it.

NJGregsCR

Feb 25, 2007
Got the seat and couldn't be happier, first class item. I'm gonna do the pegs today to drop them and should be set.
Thanks for the help-

Attachments

• DSCF0951.JPG
    DSCF0951.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 909

Top Bottom