djebel250

Mar 24, 2001
Hi guys!!!!! I'm asking this question on behalf of my friend. We were looking at this 1997 LC4 620 yesterday and was very tempted to buy it. I was wondering if any of u guys had owned this bike before and the problems it gives. My friend intended to convert it to super-motard and use it on road. any advice is appreciated. :) thanks in advance!!!!!

Last edited:

HGilliam

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
My '97 has been excellant. Here in the US the Quicksilver carb is the only weakness. You probabily don't have the same carb over there. If the bike hasn't been abused or neglected it should make a great super motard with a set of wheels and some gearing.

Go for it!

Howard

wazzafrom oz

May 15, 2001
Had a '98 620 super comp

I really liked the 620, solid power and tons of torque. The only problem I had in 2.5 years was, water got into the stator(care of deep creek crossings) and over a period of time became an intermittant fault. Once I diagnosed it and replaced it was running like new again. I did toy with the idea of a supermotard but ended sticking to the dirt. Remember to regularly bleed the air out of the forks. Good bikes. Cheers Wazza:cool:

djebel250

Mar 24, 2001
thanks guys for the valuable advice. Now my friend is just waiting to get his hands on that 620!!! But we were worried about the maintanence and the vibrations it gives out. the one we are looking at is a supercomp 620 wif kickstarter only. Did any of u guys know anything about the e-start model? wats the diff between them e.g Weight and power out put? needed advice to finalise our decisions. thanks in advance!!! Cheers and keep the throttle twisted:cool:

Last edited:

wazzafrom oz

May 15, 2001
I am not totally sure about the earlier e models, but in '98 it was a 640. It was heavier, tamer and had a counter balance shaft. Still a good bike, more dual sport. Regards Wazza

djebel250

Mar 24, 2001
thanks wazza. the model we r looking at is a 620 kick start. heard itz a very raw bike. coming to a decision real soon........ regards John:cool:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom