buckfitty44

Apr 11, 2007
My rear shock is blown and I am looking at my options. It is badly blown so I am wondering what will be required for parts and where they are available? (When I say badly blown I mean bouncing up and down enough to throw you off if you hit a good bump) I called Factory Connection today and they said it would be about $106 for the labor and oil and up to or around $200 for parts if it needs a piston, rings, seals etc. How hard are one of these to rebuild and if I tryed where could I get the parts? Thanks for any help!

GoT_GreeN

Jun 17, 2007
200 bucks? Must be OEM parts. I rebuilt mine, all I put in it was a seal head that I got from mx-tech.com cause that was all that was wrong. Leaking oil from around the oil seal allows air to make up the space that the oil once held and will cause it to become springy as crap because the only thing thats working now is the outer shock spring. The seal head was 14 bucks I think and the OEM seal head is about 90 bucks. They also have instuctions on how to take down and build it back. 1 quart of shock oil will do you fine. IMPORTANT, Tear it down and clean every thing very very good getting rid of all traces of the old oil. Good luck.

buckfitty44

Apr 11, 2007
So it isnt too hard of a job to do? I have rebuilt two and four stroke engines so I have torn into stuff before. Does it require any special tools? Thanks ALOT for the help! :cool:

phatford92

Jun 9, 2007
actually changing the seals is easy but when you have to change the valve and bladder and all the good stuff you dont want to tackle that by the sounds of things its more than seals plus the shock has to get charged up again so yes its not a fun one and it does need a couple of pro tools best bet drop it off at you're local shop and tell them to fix it.

buckfitty44

Apr 11, 2007
So can I bring it to a shop and have them tear it down then tell me what it needs and buy it and have them install the parts? Does that sound like the best bet? Thanks again!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom