SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
I have a 99. My only complaint is not much aftermarket support. Things like seat covers, rad guards, things like that. Oem has not been a problem as long as you have a good dealer. I use www.summitcycles.com. Located in Mo. The bike is very well made with quality parts.

georgieboy

Jan 2, 2001
drzorro, i own a 98' model.
no problems with it. drowned it a copple times, but after flushing the engine etc still going strong.
the funny thing is that it makes a lot of primary gear noise. it seems that there is to much freeplay between the primaries gears. this in combination with clutch scatter makes it noisy. but when in gear and driving noise is gone.
i believe that the ktm has this same noise thing.
you have to be right with the jetting. look for a good thorttle response. it has enough low-end to get you over logs etc. even with no clutch i can in first gear make steep hill climbs. the bike is expensive in the piston parts.
for me it works great. it has no over-rev. but that also explains the low-end.
good luck with it

DRZorro

Feb 9, 2001
Good feedback guys, thats the kind of info I need. I have a chance to pick one up for $2300.00 with about 350 miles on it Price sounds good but with a lack of dealer support in the area I'm leary about parts being available. As for engine noise, thats my biggest worry. Yesterday I looked at a 2000 KTM 250 EXC and was concerned with all the noise coming from it. So my next ? is this normal for Euro bikes?.....Thanks!!

Top Bottom