mxdj666

Apr 1, 2007
Hey guys, i just picked up a 98 200exc and wanted to know if any of you had a good jetting setup , its all stock execpt a fmf pipe, i haven't even fooled with the carb yet i just wanted to get some info . oh and im at sea level. thanks Dave

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
its easier to diagnose off of what the bike is running like now...what is it doing? Running hot, pinging, starting hard when hot/cold or both, spooging, fouling plugs...that gives an idea of what you need to do

mxdj666

Apr 1, 2007
it runs fine up top but it seems to run a little rich down low , and when its hot i'll have to choke it to get it going. Thats really the biggest problem i was at a scramble this weekend and had to choke it on the line

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
So it starts fine cold, w/ the choke I'm presuming and then when it gets hot it wont' start unless you use the choke?? That sounds lean down low once the bike warms up, or maybe your idle speed is set a bit low w/ an overly lean air screw setting. Does the bike idle ok once hot? Your air screw should be anywhere from about 3/4 to 1 1/2 turns out. Could be an air leak also.

mxdj666

Apr 1, 2007
it does idle when hot , sometimes it needs the choke when its hot and sometimes its fine thats whats weird, but i will check to see where the air screw is set at.

Top Bottom