Jbailey

Feb 6, 2004
I have a 1998 Suzuki RMX 250 which broke the midle part of the power valve after only 50 hrs use. This seams to be very comon to these bikes.

Does anyone know a solution to this problem?

I have been told that the power valves of the 1993 RM250 work. If so how do I determine which of the 3 valves I should use?

RMXBOY

Mar 14, 2001
Pvs RMX250

I have a 1999 Australian spec RMX. The PV broke at the end of 2000. and when I stripped it down for a freshen up over the christmas break, the replacement pv also shows signs of cracking in the same place. The first one broke one of the arms that push/pull it into the port. luckily it wedged on the port and didn't drop in or contact the piston. The other thing to watch is the pins in the middle part pound into the top guide and over time works further into the cylinder.
about 0.7mm on the newer PV. The last one I bought was $240nzd the latest price is $490nzd. sorry not much help but a heads up for things to watch.

Jbailey

Feb 6, 2004
Suzuki Replacement part

Thanks for the link Chewy.

Mine swallowed half of the middle part and cost me a 1ST place in the last rally race last year.

Seams to me the best solution would be to put a 2 peace power valve of the US 1996 K model or from a RM250. This would eliminate that flimsy middle part and should cure the problem.

Can anyone tell me which year RM250 valve to use?

A curiosity RMX250. When new does that middle peice have a slot for the pin to slide in or did mine wear the hole until it became a slot?

Top Bottom