phatbulldog

Mar 26, 2003
I bought a used 99 KTM 300mxc about 3 months ago. My question is I haven't changed the trans oil becuause I don't know how much oil and what kind I should use. Also how often? mostly ride my Cannondale 4wheeler so I don't ride my bike too often. I broke my left fibula on it about 2 months ago. Not off to a good start with that thing. Any help will be appreciated. thanks

miwebb

Nov 27, 2001
I think you should stick to a motorcycle gear box lube like Bel-Ray GearSaver or Silkolene Light Gear Oil. 75-80wt gear oil will work great. My 200 uses 700ml, but you should call the local dealer, the will know for sure.

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
There's a fill bolt that you remove on the side of the case. Pull it out, and start adding oil until the oil starts flowing out of the bolt hole. I think it's around 800ml. I recommend a synthetic motorcycle specific oil. Personally I use Dumonde Tech. It's available at www.hgnr.com Any of the 10w-40 stuff you find at a motorycle shop will work great as well.

vince

Oct 19, 1999
Be careful when tightening up the oil level check bolt they tend to strip out very easily. I measure out 800ml and then funnel it in. I use Bel Ray Gearsaver 80w and change it about every 100-150 miles.
Good luck

BP

Jun 25, 2000
use 28 ounces of oil. a motorcycle 2 stroke specific transmission oil ( i use Champion Racing Lubricants LV 80wt. You can also use a straight weight SAE 30wt. non-detergent car oil.

Top Bottom