Thomas4lif3

Nov 20, 2018
My YZ125 when I leave the valve open just a little and try to kick it over it won’t, so I have to get my brother so can can push start it and a whole bunch of oil comes out and gets all over me and drips down my whole bike please help me

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
When you leave the valve open? Not sure what you mean.
When you kick it over it "won't" what? Start? Turnover?
Oil comes out from where?

Sorry, but you'll need to be more specific if you are going to get any help.

Thomas4lif3

Nov 20, 2018
When I leave the peacock valve is open just a little and it like the gas turns into an out with out it running, and it won’t kick over because I think the oil stops it because after I push start it and all that oil is out you can kick it over ever time, the oil comes out of the Exhaust and a whole bunch runs out and gets on to the sway arm, and I have a little hole in my can and I try to kick it over and oil runs out of the bottom of the can

Thomas4life

Nov 25, 2018
Ok this is thomas4lif3 but I had to make a new account forgot password and got a new phone, so what my issue is there is a oil leak but a lot like the can fills up with the oil and how I found it out was there is a small hole is the bottom of the can and oil drips out and the oil stops it starting

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Oil dripping out of the silencer is a consequence of another problem not cause of your bike not running right.

If the bike is jetted too rich, or the ignition/sparkplug has an issue oil will end up in the silencer can because the fuel isn't burning properly.

Get a Yamaha service manual and start with the basics.

Clean fresh fuel with the proper amount oil mixed in.
Clean the carb to make sure all the jets are doing their job and check the float level.
Pull the silencer and repack it, if it's full of oil then it can't do it's job.
Put in a new properly gapped spark plug and make sure you a verify there is good spark when you kick it over.
Check to make sure you have the right amount of compression.
Verify the oil from the transmission crankcase isn't getting sucked into engine because of a bad seal (very low oil level in the trans is a clue that the seal is bad).
Check and clean all the connections and grounds in the ignition system. When they get dirty or corroded bikes don't like to run.

The manual will have a troubleshooting section you can follow if these things don't help.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom