nick's dad

Dec 2, 2007
Trying to decide on TTR90,DRZ110, XR, etc. Min seat height for 5'2 son. Is the24.6" seat height on the TTR too low for a beginner?....Thanks!

TC21

May 31, 2007
24 is way too low. I would say a 30 or 32,33. I started to ride my xr200 when I was 5'2". I would say get an xr200 or crf150F.

fill out the sticky so we know much more about the kid.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
I shudder to say this, but I think the CRF100F would be a good fit for your son's height. Also, a TTR125 or the aforementioned CRF150F may work for you. It's not so much about being a beginner, but being able to reach the ground well enough to feel comfortable while not looking like a Shriner on parade day (Shriners, don't take offense).

rostifer

Mar 23, 2006
Does your son know how to operate a bike right? Did he have any training like on a quad? If he does and he can shift well get him a something a little bit big so he's barely touching. You can pick up old 80's for pretty cheap. My neighbor got a '88 Cr 80 for about $150. Thats a great ride for a long time and you wont have to get him another bike for a while. These are great bikes too because they actually work and don't have 3in. of suspension. It actually works like a real bike. Also don't let him quit just because he falls over in the backyard after ten feet. Be a tough parent and keep him at it cause I'll guaranty that he'll thank you later.

elcamino12sec

Jan 16, 2006
You may want to consider the new klx140, specs show that it has more standard features and costs less than the competition, it should be on show room floors soon, and its electric start too.

Top Bottom