CNM

Sponsoring Member
Dec 28, 1999
The day was finally here. February10th, the first enduro of the season. I'm always a little nervous before the start of the race. OK....I'm always really, really nervous. This race was no exception except I was anxious to get going.

John came with me but couldn't ride. He had some minor eye surgery a few weeks ago and felt the dust wouldn't be a good thing (seemed dustier in camp if you ask me). Anyway, this meant that I had to find someone with a computer to ride with. This club is know for trying to catch people without a computer burning checks.

I ended up on row 62 with one of the other womens husband. All the women were pretty much stacked together (one on row 58, 60, 61, 62, 63, and 65). The race started with about a mile through the woods and then around the camp ground (got to give John a wave) and them back into the woods.

We rode until the first reset without a check. After the reset, we rode on time. On time until I got stuck in the mud within a mile of the first check. I managed to get out pretty quick but dropped one point.:debil: The rest of the first loop was pretty uneventful but also some beautiful trail. Since I was riding by myself, the other people on my row were GONE, I felt myself getting lazy and tried to pick up the pace a little. This was really fun until right before the gas. I don't kow how long the section was but it seemed like 10 miles (probably only 3 or 4). The woods were so tight, I kept having to pull my clutch in and wiggle the handle bars through the trees. When I made it through, I ended up dropping 18. I made it to the gas and had about 15 minutes to rest. John gave me some Gatorade and a hamburger. What a life saver that was.

I started the second loop with the attitude to ride however slow was necessary to make it to the finish. At times, that was pretty slow! The second loop wasn't as tight as the first but it was a few miles longer. Again, before the finish there was a tight section but now as bad as the first loop. I counted down the mile markers to the last check and was very happy to see 81 miles. IT WAS OVER! I then had a 4 mile trail ride back to camp. Leave it to me to crash after the race is over. I finished the day with a 71. Not the best day I've ever had but I finished. :)

The results were posted today and I got 1st!

Next race March 10th.

Pictures below (thanks John) :)

Me and Lisa at Start

At the start (red bike in middle)

Riding by

On time Section

around the camp

MotoEnduro

~SPONSOR~
Mar 11, 2001
Congratulations on 1st place!! Now you've got the first race under your belt, its good you get to start the season so early. The first enduro up here isn't til March. What enduro was this anyway?

CNM

Sponsoring Member
Dec 28, 1999
Starting early is great! The weather was sunny and didn't make it above 70 degrees all day.

This was the Bear Whiz Enduro in Hattiesburg, Ms. It's the first enduro of the Southern Enduro Riders Assoc. season.

Bbbom, I had a few during the race as well. Really stupid ones too. One, I came up a hill and had to turn left before I made it to the top. I stopped to change lines (to go around a stopped rider) and just fell over. :mad:

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Originally posted by CNM
I stopped to change lines (to go around a stopped rider) and just fell over.
Ahhh, the ol' fall over manuever. Well ya see, I've been told those don't count as a 'crash' so you can dock one less from the tally. ;)

Congrats on the 1st place! Way to start out the season. Dang, 81 miles?!! :scream: I'm feeling ill about the thought of the 60 mile enduro I'll be entering next month. Just finishing really is an accomplishment! :)

txvintage

Sponsoring Member
Apr 20, 2001
Originally posted by CNM
I stopped to change lines (to go around a stopped rider) and just fell over.

Ahh, the infamous Stop and Flop.

Was it the highly technical "No Footer" Stop and Flop? Not for the faint of heart, and takes seconds of practice............

Congrats CNM on a great start. Be sure to roost Dwight R if you get a chance!

Girlrider

Sep 1, 2000
Neeley,

Do you ever see Suzy Moody there? How is she looking. She said her back is killing her (except when she is riding). I am hoping she is doing well. What is the link to the site with results?

Thanks,
Nicole

CNM

Sponsoring Member
Dec 28, 1999
So my two "stop and flop" don't count (ok, I did it twice) :). I've been told that I crash, er I mean fall over with style! Great, that means I only crashed once. The 81 mile marker was for race miles (including resets). The actual distance was in the area of 55 miles.

Nicole, I haven't seen Suzy to even introduce myself. I saw on the results that she was there though. The link is www.sera.dirtrider.net
The results are under Point Standings. She had an incredible ride. If I remember right, I think she was in the top 20. I hope she is doing well. I'll have to look her up at the next race.

http://sera.dirtrider.net/

First link didn't work. Try that one!

Last edited:

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
I saw Suzy at the race and she looked pretty good. I didn't get a chance to talk to her though.

Congrats on the trophy Neely. Too bad I didn't get to see you at the race. I was on row 3.

Top Bottom