1ST H/S race

css_elfers

Aug 26, 2004
I did my 1st hairscramble this pat weekend here in FLA. I have a new respect for those that run these races all the time. I started in the beginner class and finished 21 out of 33 riders in the 200-open. I was in a rush and screwd my start up, took me 4 kicks to start when it usually starts on the first try. My trailtech mount also broke so I had to pull over, take it off the mount and toss it in my pouch. Other than them 2 things it was a good day, I'll do it again. heres the web site if ya want to see some pics. I'm on page 6 pic#283 and page 18 pic#469.http://ftrgallery.us/gallery/album16

Jul 25, 2005
wow thats pretty cool. sorry about the crash thing though, you probably would have placed better if you wouldn't have. good luck on your next one. :)

duke

Oct 9, 1999
One of the primary reasons that I migrate more towards the longer distance style events (hare scrambles, GP's) is that the KDX is still a competitive, viable mount in the B/C skill level classes. As you approach 45 mins, you will begin to see a lot of riders succumb to lack of fitness, exacerbated by a bike that is tiring to ride. Thats why a little road work and competing aboard a bike that isn't so exhausting to operate is a better choice for most vet/senior riders of average skill level and temperament.

May 26, 2005
Sup Brian?? Randy from West Palm.Glad you had fun. You suck cause all you Saturday guys got to ride the easy course.:) The Sunday trails were brutal. 8 miles of solid single track in the trees with NO ROOM TO PASS. LOL I was wondering when I saw your score how the hell you managed 4 laps when most of the 250 c & b riders only ran 3 on Sunday. I then saw you guys had very few trails through the woods and alot of fast sand whoop sections. I finsihed 3 laps on Sunday but I houred out and only got credit for 2. I can't ride this weekend but maybe we can hook up and ride the first weekend in February?? I'll give ya call tonight.

notenuftoys

Sep 3, 2004
I'm riding my first race this weekend, so I'll be able to relate soon. I'm not in as good a shape as I should be, so exhaustion is my biggest concern. The bike is prepped and ready to go, and I'm confident I can hang with the +35C class as far as speed, just not sure if I can keep the pace. Oh well, it's motivation to get into shape.

May 26, 2005
Good luck with that thinking process. In the FTR series the 35+ C riders are faster and more consistent than the regular 250 C class LOL Something about Age and Treachery will overcome Youth and Enthusiam anyday day of the week.

css_elfers

Aug 26, 2004
I then saw you guys had very few trails through the woods and alot of fast sand whoop sections
Holy moly you're killing me. few trails through the woods, lol. We did have more openings than the Sunday crowd but there wasnt a whole lot. I did hear from a buddy that worked the course that ours wasnt as tough as you guys course but we had our share of tight, tight woods. So much as that I'm cutting my bars down this weekend. I gonna work this weekend also to keep the guys on track but I'm up for the weekend after that. The praire isnt anything like what we ran this weekend but its fun riding. Another FTR member that lives in Lake Placid called me today he might be up for going also. I need to work on my constant 1 1/2 hrs of straight riding cuz I was alittle wooped by the 3rd lap. Anyway Randy give me a shout when you're ready.

ELF

Last edited:

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
Once I did a harescramble I was hooked, lots more fun to me than motocross (probably because of the bike). And being in shape is makes a HUGE difference, that's for sure. In my first one my lap times almost doubled by the end of the race, by the end of summer I could run consistantly for the whole race (slow, but consistant!). I'm trying to get in shape now so hopefully I can run the better part of a whole series this year.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…