1st place in C-250 at Stumpjumper!!!

Lissa

"Am I lost again?"
Apr 28, 2002
WOW!  Our fourth enduro of the season was this past Sunday and I managed another good finish!  I can't believe I finished 1st again in C-250!  I had a 12 point lead on second place.  I now have my B-card and will be competing in this coming week-ends Pine Hill enduro in B-250 with the guys!  I think it'll be a while before I see any trophies again, but then again who knows?  It was funny and kinda cool having all these guys joking telling me to get out of the class so they can get a chance to win too.  I needed 50 points to get booted out of the class, I won 67 points total of the five races!  I'm so excited about being a B rider, I just had to tell all of 'ya!  I also got some photos back from the first few races I just had to post.  Thank you all for being so supportive!  It means so much!     

Attachments

• 43-sandylane1.jpg
    43-sandylane1.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:

Lissa

"Am I lost again?"
Apr 28, 2002
Here's the other picture.  I got a new chest protector so I blend in better with the crowd.  With the old pink one guys knew it was me so they would kill theirselves trying to re-pass me.  The new chest protector and my short hair doesn't let'em know its me.  Incognito (lol)

Attachments

• 62-cf-web.jpg
    62-cf-web.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:

WR250Z

Sep 21, 1999
Excellent ride at Stumpjumper and congrats on making B! You were in a class by yourself and really put it to the winers....errr never mind. Being 12 points ahead of second with a total of 34 lost is a testament to your abilities. Now with better start numbers, maybe the pit van will make it back at a reasonable hour;)

Lissa

"Am I lost again?"
Apr 28, 2002
I use the old fashion method of a speedo ICO, roll chart and watch. No fancy computer. I do it this way so I can get good with basic timekeeping before getting a computer.  Thank you.

Lissa

"Am I lost again?"
Apr 28, 2002
Well, the old pink job was a JT. The new one is a Answer (w/ all the emblems peeled off and awaiting different stickers). MSR shares the same one. Whats nice about this one is that I have room under the chest protector to wear my drink system instead of attaching the drink system to the back of the CP. Its more comfortable now and doesn't bounce around like it did on the old CP.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Way to go, Lissa!  Can I have your autograph?! ;)  I figure a few years from now I'll be able to sell it for a lot of money, and say to people..."I knew her when....!"

You'll be ready in no time for that A-card and the ISDE this fall!  :thumb:

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Congratulations!  :thumb:  And, welcome to the B class.  Does NETRA file overall B points with the AMA so when you earn your 100 B points, you get the AMA card with the "A" stamped next to you membership number?

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Originally posted by Timr
Congratulations!  :thumb:  And, welcome to the B class.  Does NETRA file overall B points with the AMA so when you earn your 100 B points, you get the AMA card with the "A" stamped next to you membership number?

Timr--not NETRA, but ECEA!  And yes, I do believe that ECEA files with AMA.  One of the guys from our club just got his AMA card with the little "A" stamped next to it.   He was very proud of it, showing it around at the last meeting.  :)

Lissa

"Am I lost again?"
Apr 28, 2002
The ECEA does file with the AMA, but in our series in order to get your A-card, you have to finish in the top 20 B-riders 'overall' for the year! It can be a pretty tuff accomplishment, so I think I'll be a B rider for quite a while, but you never know...

Thank you everyone for being so supportive! It means a lot, really! I'll be seeing you shortly at the rock runs, Lori! (I still am not fond of rocks)

Last edited:

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Sorry for the goof. 

I'm working hard to get that "A" on my card too.  Even though, with my lack of speed, I don't belong there at all.  And I'll certainly never see another trophy if I get to the A class.

Lissa, the way it works here, and our series is totally AMA compliant with awarding B points is:  You earn advancement points at every race where you finish in the Top 20 of all B riders riding that day.  If you get overall B then you get 20 points, 2nd 19, and so on.  The overall B sheet is a required sheet that must be filled out and turned into the AMA along with the overall standings and the AMA referee report.  These must be submited to the AMA within 7 days of the event.

The AMA will advance you and provide you with a replacement card with the A on it when you have accumulated 100 total points.  Points carry over from year to year.  You don't start back at 0 when a new season starts.

I have approx.  30+ points in 6 years of B class racing.  So, it's slow going for me.  I have to have a pretty good day to crack the Top 20 B list.  And even when I do, I only get between 1-6 points since I'm in the bottom quarter of the B class.

Good luck with your racing.  :thumb:

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Way to go Lissa :)
One thing I notice between your pic & Leeann's (Leeann, don't take this the wrong way) is the cornering difference. You definitely lean that bike over & probably go into the corners much faster, compared to Leeann (I'm with you Leeann - that's one thing I know I need to work heaps on). I kept telling myself last weekend - brake later, brake later, ah, ya dumb bitch, I told ya, brake later. Guess I'll try again tomorrow lol
Do you have to be in the A class to get to the ISDE? Good luck with the rest of the season & keep up the good reports lol ;)

Lissa

"Am I lost again?"
Apr 28, 2002
Thanks for the compliment! No, you don't have to be a A-rider to go to the ISDE, just qualify at the ISDE Qualifier. If there is enough interest for the year the AMA has a womens class at the Qualifier. Thats the class I'll be competing in for the Qualifier. Now if I could only figure brand X rules?

Yea, the ECEA advancement from B to A doesn't work on points (at least what I heard?) like C to B. If you finish in the top 20 for the year you get advanced in to A. At least that how I percieved it?!

MotoEnduro

~SPONSOR~
Mar 11, 2001
In the ECEA to go from B to A, you need 200 pts, which you get by finishing in the top 20 b riders for each race. Exceptions are for specialty classes like B-vet, B-Sr etc, where you get advancement pts for your finish within your class. Also, finishing 1st in a race in the women's class will earn 5pts toward your AMA A card.

Lissa

"Am I lost again?"
Apr 28, 2002
I just got my first ever ECEA rule book, the '03 edition, at my clubs meeting Wedensday night.  I figured I give a look so I'm clear on all this confusion.  I stand corrected, this is how the rulez' read:

"Advancement from B rider to A rider will be made as soon as the rider accumulates a 100 B points..."

On the other hand, B Senior and B Super Senior advancement to A Senior and A Super Senior is made as soon as the rider accumulates 200 points.     Women's and Masters classes are not classified as to experience level.  Points earned in the Womens class and Masters class are not used for advancement.

Points for the top 20 B riders break down:  1&2=10 pt., 3&4=9pt., etc....   If you win your class (ex. say B-200) you get a additional 5 points.

B Senior, B Super Senior, and C riders recieve points based in class: 1st in each class= 20pt., 2nd in each class= 16pt., etc.

The points you accumulate follow you each year till you have enough to advance, never hurts to keep track of 'em either since the score keeper might forget.

That lil' blue ECEA book straightened me out!  'Bout time I got one!  Though it is a ever boring subject (snore.....), it is good stuff to know.   

MotoEnduro

~SPONSOR~
Mar 11, 2001
nothing like having a rule book to clarify things! Though I did think they changed some rules at the last meeting for the BSr, BVet etc classes, and you need 200 pts in those classes to get the A card. For the womens class, a 1st place finish in that class earns 5 pts toward the AMA A card (not ECEA!).

By the way Lissa good job yesterday, the way you are riding and improving each race it won't be long before you get your A card!!

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Aw, don't keep us in suspense, Lissa!  How'd you do at the Pine Hill in your first B-250 ride??!!!

Lissa

"Am I lost again?"
Apr 28, 2002
It was a great race compared to last year! Last year I could have fell a sleep on the trail, this year was a blast and really caught a lot a riders off guard. I had a rough day and was disappointed with the out come, even though I had fun. My day was riddled with preventable brake failures (like the back brake peddle falling off in the afternoon!). The funniest was burning a check by 10 seconds. I did the trials style bike balancing thing in front of the check crew for like a minute and a half. I placed 11th for the day which isn't bad for my first B ride. Sometimes I'm a dope and overlook things and occasionally they catch up. I know I can place in the class since I was two points off of 8th (burnt check=2pts.) and not much farther from 4th. Oh well, it was a fun race and as always I'm learning from my mistakes (like don't forget to tighten brake pedal before race). Luckily, I haven't made the same mistake twice, yet.

Hey Lori, will you be at 'Broadmountain Enduro'? I'll be riding it. The only downside is I have to run the A loop too (the downside of being a B rider)! (groan) :think:

MotoEnduro

~SPONSOR~
Mar 11, 2001
glad you liked the enduro! I swept both loops, and even after 70 some numbers the trails were in great shape, and some of the funnest trail I've ridden in a long time (especially not having to timekeep!!!)

I might go to RORR also, they didn't say on the entry if womens class is shortened. I hope so, I'm still getting into riding shape after a long injury (10 months!) so fewer miles is a bonus for me :D

Lissa and Lori if you go stop by and say hi --> black pickup w/KTM 250

Karen

Top Bottom