mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
Brand new chain and sprockets for the 450r. Told my son to put them on today while i'm at work. Simple job, nothing he can't handle bbutt he cut the chain one link to short. I hate to cough up the bucks for another new chain. Got a big race this week end don't need any problems. I have saw bikes with 2 master links. I have never done it. So what thoughts do you have? Run them with no problems, have tried it and had problems.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Well, I guess if you feel pretty safe running one master link, what could possibly hurt to run two? So long as the clips are facing the right direction, you shouldn't have any issues.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
You could also re-install the link that you took out.

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
wouldn't worry about it either way. I've had to fix a few chains with master links (I always carry spares), and never had a problem with them after that. The masterlink doesn't jeopardize the integrity of the chain...at least in my seat of the pants experience.

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
I agree with everyone above. I've always carried a spare master link in two sizes in my camelback just to have in case someone breaks one out on the trail. I did the exact same thing that your son did a few years ago and ran the double master link set up on my bike for over a year without a glitch! What was nice about this was after getting some chain stretch, I just pulled one of the links and ran that until my new chain/sprocket kit came in. Make sure the clips face the correct direction and you'll be without an issue.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom