Bspeed

~SPONSOR~
Jan 14, 2007
from a practice day at the North 40 track...

hey, the real news is I rode the MX track :)
First time back on the Bike in a Year. Was slow, but it felt fine.

Here is a "Super TT" Shot - a Flattrack Husky on the MX Track:

scherb_supertt1_4-22.jpg

and a shot from the Flattrack. these were low keeper ratios..darn, becuase the rider was doing his best for the camera. I have no idea how his foot can be in that position!

scherb_flattrack1.jpg

This rider races pro flattrack.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
That second shot really captures all the elements of serious flat track. Well done. :cool:

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
DAYUMM! That dude is just about dragging bars and there ain't squat to rail! Nice shots!!! :cool:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
TwinSpar said:
DAYUMM! That dude is just about dragging bars and there ain't squat to rail! Nice shots!!! :cool:
Actually he wouldn't be railing a turn like in MX. At this point in the corner he is sliding sideways kind of like squaring off the corner to an extreme. His foot is pointing the opposite of the direction he is sliding. This move always amazes me when at the flatrack

knowiam

~SPONSOR~
Oct 17, 2006
That second shot is too good not to have a larger audience view... Intense!

Ken

Bspeed

~SPONSOR~
Jan 14, 2007
thanks for the kind words :) 99.999% of the credit to the rider though :)
Patto3, I am using a Nikon D200 and 70-200 f2.8 lens.

The in focus keeper rate for the flattrack pics was really low, serious bummer.
I was pretty close though, one foot on the inside line practically. And I realized this morning, my lens focus switch was set to 2.5M-infinity, rather than full range, so maybe that figured in.

this rider, and his family (several of them race) will be racing the nationals? at places like Springfield, etc.
If any of you go to the race look them up. Last name is Scherb. Good folks.

patto3

Apr 8, 2006
aw c'mon man you gotta give yourself some credit, besides the rider can't set the ISO, shutter speed, aparture, and hasnt spent a couple hundred plus on the gear :)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
patto3 said:
and hasnt spent a couple hundred plus on the gear :)

The kit he described is worth about $3400, but you're right, it still comes down to the skill of the shooter. ;)

May 9, 2006
REALLY nice job panning on the second one. Really shows how fast he's going.

I think the glare on his goggles takes away from the image a bit. Maybe use a polarizing filter next time?

Bspeed

~SPONSOR~
Jan 14, 2007
hehe, the polarizing filter I would want....costs a lot :) but one is on my list!

any chance you know Sonny Anderson, since you are in the free state of NH ?

rpm12505

~SPONSOR~
Sep 25, 2005
The second shot is now the backround on my pc. Awesome awesome shot :cool:

Everytime I pan a shot I fire when going past a tree.I have alot of 2 wheeled oaks. No delete feature on film either my mistakes are forever :bang:

Bspeed

~SPONSOR~
Jan 14, 2007
Nikon D200 :)

I will have to post another of these...lol. I have one from a littel different angle, with roost - roost even from the footpeg.

Yall cross your fingers for me.....I am trying to get out of work one day this week, I may have a chance to shoot a top ranked FT pro at thier private tuning session. thats all I can say, and I dont know if it will happen at all.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Love the second shot. :cool: :cool:

I think I may have just pee'd my pants a lil'. :whoa: ;)

Top Bottom