2 plug pictures & a couple of me

rairden

Jun 3, 2003
Does the color of the nose insulator on the plug tell you anything. I think it just tells you, generally, the overall value of the carbs performance. I looked at the ring at the bottom of the insulator & it was a dark brown color(pretty much black).

faa0858b.jpg

Explain the black spot
faa0858d.jpg

There's my lanky ass! (and my brothers bike that looks like Big Lou's) BTW, this pic is in merwin, MO
faac4a01.jpg

fab76a4f.jpg

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
rairden... a closer picture would be nice. It's hard to read insulators from across the room. :silly:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by Studboy
rairden... a closer picture would be nice. It's hard to read insulators from across the room. :silly:

... but those are some damn fine looking boxes. :thumb:

rairden

Jun 3, 2003
You guys are terrible. I've taken some plug pics before and that is as close as I can get or it will go blurry. It's a digital camera(1.4MegaPix) and 5 yrs. old.

The pics were taken directly under a high pressured sodium bulb for better lighting. I didn't think those boxes in the background would distract you.

rairden

Jun 3, 2003
Rich, if you liked those boxes you'll definately like this background---tiling.
I found this in the float seat. It was a paper towel wadded up stuck at the bottom. I'm glad I found that! It was clogging up the whole cavity/orifice. I don't see how I could get a "mocha" colored plug with that in there.
fa9bb0d9.jpg

A pic if you dont understand. I found it stuck in the bottom of that largest brass fitting.(bottom one)
fa9bb075.jpg

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
The brass fitting at the bottom of the picture is the seat of the fuel valve (aka needle&seat). If the paper was preventing the needle from sealing against the seat it would tend to run rich in the low speed circuits and color the plug excessively.

If it wasn't hanging it open then it might lean out the 3/4 to WOT circuits when it the float bowl level runs low from the flow restriction.

Top Bottom