2 Stroke Invitational @ Budds Creek 09

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
My buddy Rory is in that video.. He's on the WR500 #3.

He was very bummed that the race was canceled.. He wanted to line up with RC in a bad way.

jumpingjoe628

Mar 15, 2005
That bike was COOL! When I saw him on the track I just wanted to ride next to him for awhile as we were the only 500s out there. I don't think that RC was going to race this one. I didn't see his name on the list at Will Call. I asked the woman there if I could see the list and he wasn't on it. Some of the guys on the list didn't even go out for the practice for one reason or another. I did get to meet Dungey's older brother Jake, he was cool to hang with under the "Hero's and Legends" tent.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
jumpingjoe628 said:
That bike was COOL! When I saw him on the track I just wanted to ride next to him for awhile as we were the only 500s out there. I don't think that RC was going to race this one. I didn't see his name on the list at Will Call. I asked the woman there if I could see the list and he wasn't on it. Some of the guys on the list didn't even go out for the practice for one reason or another. I did get to meet Dungey's older brother Jake, he was cool to hang with under the "Hero's and Legends" tent.

That is a very cool bike.. I really like the YZ490 he has.. It's pretty badass. If you can, check out the pipe on that thing. .Hand made.. Sweet as hell.

RC was supposed to race it, but decided against it.. I think he is still having pains from Kevin Harvick's foot in his lower intestine after the crash at X-Games.

For the next two races, you can find Rory and his 500 at the Bridgestone truck.. After this season, it's anyone's guess what he'll be up to. What with Bridgestone pulling out of MX and all.

jumpingjoe628

Mar 15, 2005
DSCF2046.jpg
[/IMG]

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
A friend of mine just recently finished restoring this bike..

It's an 84.

It was a complete hunk of crap when he bought it.

Attachments

• IMG_0075.jpg
    IMG_0075.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 125

Pete Payne

MX-Tech Suspension Agent
Nov 3, 2000
Sweet . love the blue plate with yellow numbers . I remember David Bailey blasting around Lake Sugar tree with the blue and gold platesin that era and the anouncer blaring out he was the Grand National Champion and that was the oly way you could run the blue background .

Brings back some cool memories!

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Cool video
I see Mr Beasley really changed up the track :cool:

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
WOW! Nice video! It really highlights how the track changed.

I went in 2007 to the MXoN and last year's national. On the Saturday practice for the MXoN, it was amazing to see Villopoto and a very few others hit the triple the first lap, when others never did it even in the race.

Top Bottom