2 stroke is still quite competitive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
I raced yesterday locally in the B class. I got the holeshot on my 3 year old (2001) KX125 against 12 other 4 strokes(I was the only 2 stroke in the whole lineup), both 250 size and 450 size in the open ameteur class and led the whole race start to finish. People complain alot locally about how all the 4 strokes are like start cheating devices.....I guess not :cool: .

The collegeboy class was a little more interesting since it is primarily experts and bigger bikes, but I got a 4th place start in that too.

showtime586

Mar 28, 2004
Your telling me that you won an open amateur event on a 01 kx 125? Againt 250 2 -strokes, and big bore thumpers?
I guess you will certainly be headed for Lorettas. Let me know what your assigned number is, and we can meet in August.
No offense intended, but I have only seen two amateurs desimate the field like that. One was named Carmichael, the other Stewart.

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
Its small local type racing so I wouldnt fare so well on a north east or national level. but anyhow some of the kids I was racing against are B and A class NESC and NEMA riders so they arent exactly slow.

KX02

Jan 19, 2004
Great job!!! I think any spanking a two stroke can dish out will help people open their eyes.

showtime586

Mar 28, 2004
My congratulations. If you can take a 3 year old 125 mx bike, and beat new big bore thumpers, you must have the talent to make up for the lack of engine ponies. My hat is off to you. I certainly cannot do it.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Q: Carmichael wins MX titles riding a what?
A: 250cc 2-stroke

Q: Bubba Stewart gives riding lessons to the rest of the field on a what?
A: 125cc 2-stroke

Q: Chad Reed won the SX title this year riding a what?
A: 250cc 2-stroke

Q: Chad Reed and DV12 both tried riding a ______ and then switched back to a _______?
A: 4-stroke; 2-stroke

Yes, these are all great riders, but there is a trend here and just in case you are still trying to figure it out I'll give you a hint...

2 strokes are still kickin' butt. :)

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
Go to the gary semics school for anyone who wants to learn how to start well. The reason my starts are consistently very good is because of the techniques he taught me at the two day school I did. Those 2 days were the best thing ever for my riding, since it I have exponentially improved everytime I ride the bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom