keefbikes

Apr 16, 2007
I am on my way out and bike shops are closed, stopped at wally world and picked up the best 2-stroke oil they had. Castrol 2T Motorcycle oil. Says on front "Ideal for 2T motorcycles,Skooters,ATV's, and lawn equipt. Is this going to be ok on my 95 KTM 440?

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
It's fine, mix at 32:1. The more expensive synthetics keep your power valves cleaner, though. I would start to see carbon build-up every 2-3 rides while running the Castrol 2T oils and equivalents. I've since upgraded to synthetics and haven't had to clean the powervalves since I upgraded.

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
I don't think so. My local car parts store is an Amsoil dealer. They sell quarts of Interceptor for $10.25 which is a good deal because comperable quarts of synthetic oils at motorcycle dealers cost $16+.

sixds

Mar 25, 2007
Does using a synthetic really make that much of a difference? I just use stuff at the gas station and I assumed it was fine.

from what i gather, the better the oil, the less you have to clean your powervalves.

keefbikes

Apr 16, 2007
I went to Autozone and checker and Napa. No one had it. I had to go to a polaris dealership to get this Redline. It was the only Synthetic I could find in town.

keefbikes

Apr 16, 2007
I will keep looking for the synthetics by mobile one or other brands but at least I was able to head out yesterday and get some riding in. Thanks for your help guys.

Cman250

Dude Guy Bub
~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Mar 31, 2007
Ok im getting a 2 stroke but im a noob to them so i have a question. Is cleaning the power valve a hard thing to do?

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
I have no experience. It's usually pretty easy. If you do it a couple of times, you'll develop a system. Every piece of information about the power valves in my service manual was wrong for my Honda. I had to develop my own system for that bike, but I have it down so that it only takes a couple of minutes to clean the valves once I remove the exhaust.

Top Bottom