2 Stroke w/ Splooge: Should I re-jet?

stevensj2

Jul 25, 2006
Hi there,

I have a 2001 yz125 which is completely stock. This is my 2nd year of owning it, and I bought it from somehow who basically had it sitting and never used it. (I checked everywhere for signs of wear and found none).

It runs great, has good throttle response - no complaints whatsoever with that bit (I imagine throttle response and "crispness" could be improved just a hair, but not much).

It has never fouled a plug or had any bogging or weird running issues.

But what I am noticing is splooge - which is normal - but its to the point that after a day's riding, there will be a line of it running all the way down my exhaust, sometimes dripping onto the swing arm.

Is that normal, and if not, something that can be corrected with better jetting?

I use 93 octane pump gas at 32:1 w/ the Yamaha brand oil.

Thanks kindly for any info/advice :cool:

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
Depending on the oil I run, I will normally get a line of spooge down to the end of the can, but I don't get any drips. If the bike runs great and doesn't foul plug, I say don't mess with it. You could repack your silencer, though. If it really bothers you, you could try raising the clip on the throttle needle a position. It doesn't cost you anything, but will lean the bike out some to give you an idea if it will run better jetted or not. I recently switched to Amsoil Interceptor oil. Even at 32:1 and while cruising I get no spooge. The bike hardly smokes on start-up, anymore.

stevensj2

Jul 25, 2006
thanks for the quick reply.

I may try some different oil and/or ratio combinations to see if that helps.

Until then, I guess I'll just be patient until it is time to get a new bike and set my eyes on a 4stroke :)

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
stevensj2 said:
thanks for the quick reply.

I may try some different oil and/or ratio combinations to see if that helps.

Until then, I guess I'll just be patient until it is time to get a new bike and set my eyes on a 4stroke :)

when you do that, youll probably have a lot more problems than spooge :nod: . if youre running 32:1, try running 40:1 and use Maxima SuperM oil.

250twostroke

May 14, 2007
i have a 2000 kx 250 and im running 40:1 red line full synthetic. my friend has a 2002 rm250 same bike basicly and he is running 40:1 semi synthetic (dont know the brand, sorry) and he is getting spooge... all our jetting is the same..same plug... try redline at 40:1 (the good stuff) good luck

stevensj2

Jul 25, 2006
Thanks for the info everyone :)

Should I just switch directly to 40:1, or would it be beneficial to ease towards it, say 36:1.....38:1, etc until I find a ratio that brings the splooge down?

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
I don't think you'll see much of a difference at all by switching. But, there is no reason you can't just switch and would have to ease it to any ratio.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom