KTMSMITH

Jan 9, 2002
I have a 2003 200 exc and am wondering if anybody has had any experience with the different FMF pipes for this bike. I am curious about the power differences between stock, gnarly and the fatty pipes. I have read that the stock pipe is hard to beat, however I am looking to get a little more overrev than stock. I am willing to give up a little on the bottomn for this. The profile of the gnarly appears to favor the bottom and mid which is already strong on the stock bike. I am thinking the fatty might be a better choice. Does anybody have any first hand experience. Thanks.

olddirt

Dec 17, 2002
The gnarly pipe will add bottom and mid and will take away a bit on top. I actually preferred the stock pipe to the gnarly. Do not get the gnarly if you're looking for more on top.

Mike

BBD

Apr 10, 2002
The Fatty pipe will give you a little more on top along with mid and some bottom. The gnarly works best on bottom to mid and it is thicker metal for the first section of pipe for rock dings.

ktmracer

~SPONSOR~
Aug 9, 1999
actually the gnarly and the fatty (for the ktm200) are the same pipe (with the exception of wall thickness) the fatty is no longer available. the fmf designation has always been m23 98-99, m32 00-03 with the only difference being a dual o-ring setup on the latter. the bend/shape is the same.

exc rider

Jan 15, 2002
might wanna try dynoport,i think he makes a bottom and a top end pipe.my riding buddy put the pipe and silencer on his 200 it really woke it up.i think he got the torque pipe.

marklb

Aug 5, 2000
For what it is worth, I wasted the stock pipe even with a e-line guard on it! Yes a big rock and no I did not crash. Anyhow I ordered a gnarly and it was back ordered so I told my dealer to get me something anything so I cold ride for new years! He got me a Pro circuit, I was ok this will get me by until the gnarly gets here! I was am impressed to say the least. It is much better than stock(03) everywhere. I must tell you that I have not been happy w/ the power on this 03 when compared to a 99 I have. The transition is too quick, too quick revving. It now requires less shifting and the transition is much smoother. I will still try the gnarly but am happy! Try it! MJ

Top Bottom