kdxmadman04

Mar 9, 2003
what are the pros and cons of the cr 250 for year 2000 i had a 99 and it was a great bike but i am picking up a new 2000 cr 250 let me know thanks

Yogurt

~SPONSOR~
Dec 25, 1999
The chassis is much better than the '99. Rubber bar mounts. Also the first year for the RC power valve. I don't know how much better, or if not the 250 motor is over the '99. But the RC valve is much easier to work on, as it only has 3 moving parts. The downside to the RC valve is, that it can become seized, and hard to remove. But it is rare. More likely to happen if you over heat and blow the motor. I speak from experience on my 00 125. It's just best to clean it every year, and lube it well.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
RC valve? 00 and 01 still used the same power valve as the previous CR engines. The electronic valve came out on the 02 machine. The 00 and 01 were considerd by many great engines w/ even more hop up potential by engine tuners

MXFastGuy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 11, 2001
I had one. Great bike! Engine's the same as your '99, but you'll LOVE the second-generation frame and bodywork. Much better!

Can't go wrong with a Honda, especially that bike.

Faded

~SPONSOR~
Jan 7, 2003
Still has the Kehein carb, not the PIA Mikuni that came on the '01-up bikes. Different frame (already mentioned) and different plastics than the '97-'99 bikes, strong motor, I don't think you could go wrong unless it's a clapped out piece :uh:

kdxmadman04

Mar 9, 2003
yeh this bike a friend of mine bought brand new as a left over in august 03 he never rode a bike before and he flipped it over after about 4 hrs of riding and broke his arm he bent the bars and wrecked the clutch perch levers shroud and busted the rear fender he is selling it to me for 1900 i cant believe it the bike is soooo much tighter than my 99 was i noticed a didfference instantly

Top Bottom