Brains

Mar 28, 2002
Hi all, another rider with a green shirt thinking about going orange

Found a good deal on the 2000 250 exc, but the seller is selling it a lot less than the avearge price........... makes me a little nervous.

1)What should I look for when giving this bike the once over before bying it?

The bike has done big mileage including two "Roof Of Africa's" plus WFO's and Harescrambles at National level.

2)Can any one confirm this story - The 2000's had a barrel problem, they cracked. Evendently this one cracked during a National, a new one was fitted under warrantee, but they only had a EX piston in stock (one ring ) and fitted that. He said that iether the EXC or EX piston would fit if I had to replace in the future.

3) What would I need to do to turn it into a great trail/woods bike?

Any help appreciated and Happy New Year!

KruncH

~SPONSOR~
Jun 15, 1999
Brains,

I know this isn't what you want to hear, BUT look for a 300 EXC. I just went from a very fully modified KDX 200 to my '00 300 exc and absolutely love it. I truly wish I had gotten it a long time ago. I recently rode a 250 exc and even considered getting one instead of the 300. I'm so glad I didn't. The 300 is everything the 250 is but IMHO, even better.

I'm not wanting to burst your bubble. It's just knowing what I know now, I'm glad it got the 300.

Good Luck.

Jim G

~SPONSOR~
Jan 13, 2001
I got a used '00 250 EXC mid season last year. The bike has been great. No mechanical problems at all. The bike should already be woods ready, may need the customary guards.

Top Bottom