2000 Kx 80 Problems

mx80kawi

Dec 4, 2002
My 2000 Kx 80 started smelling like burnt anti-freeze so I stopped and turned the bike off and started It back up and have been riding but just ignoring the smell because it ran fine. One day it started to run bad like it wasnt getting any gas and it would try to shut off when i let of the throttle. When I looked down at the cylinder there was anit-freeze coming out of the bolts on the top of the cylinder and it was smoking a little from the radiator. I checked and there was plenty of fluid in the radiator. What could be the problem? thanks Michael

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
If it keeps doing it and the upper motor mount bolt seems too high to install the frame has stretched . While you are there with the gas tank off look at the junction of frame parts right at the syeering head/frame tube/motor mount spar junction for. cracks or peeling paint . Also check the small triangular factory gussets at the tubes that run into the center frame tube (the one that runs under the fuel tank )They crack if the kids is real big and fast or if hes a big jumper . The frames also chopper out when abused really badly or by adults bottoming really badly. The frame flexes and tries to pull the head off the cylinder .We had on that cracked the case at the swingarm pivot and pulled the studs out of the cyl head . Then again it might just be a bad gasket . But good luck .

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…