commandman15

Oct 12, 2004
I looked at a 2000 KX250 today. The guy that owned it knew a good amount about bikes. The bike was in good shape. The tires are good the plastics and graphics are good. It has an excel rear rim, Vforce cage, FMF gnarly, FMF silencer, new bars, factory conncction suspension. Its been well maintained. It runs great and I had fun riding it around. There is no ouzze coming from the pipe or anything. Its 1800 for the bike. Is this a good deal? I liked it so wanna hear some inpout on this certain year. I am also 200 pounds and ride a good varieity of teerrain sandpits, trails, powerlines. This seem like a good bike for me?

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
The 2000 is a good bike. Sounds like a good price if the bike doesn't need any major work. One thing you might want to ask about is what the bike was used for. In other words if the suspension was set up for 200 lb. supercross rider and you are 140 lb. and aren't into big air you would probably be better off with stock suspension or at least plan on spending some money to get it set up for you. Good luck.

commandman15

Oct 12, 2004
The top end of the pwerband is kinda grungy now. Right about where it would really start to scream and hit the top. I think its the cold and the jetting is off. Any help on this would be cool. The bike looks a lot better in person and I love it thanbks

kx_dave

Jun 2, 2001
I moved the needle clip one spot towards the "leaner" position and my bike seems to run better than before. A couple of people recommended this who lived in my region (Seattle, WA) so your results may vary since you live in MA.

I also know that when I go for a ride in cold weather ( ~35 deg F) the engine does not run very smooth until the bike gets a chance to really warm up.

Have fun it's a killer bike...

Later

Dave
00 KX250

highflyernick

Oct 12, 2004
Hey, I just got a 2001 KX250, less than 50 hours on it and I got it for $2900 CANDIAN. Haven't ridden it yet as its too dark. It's pretty much brand new, the paint where the boots rub paint of isn't even off yet.

KC10Chief

Oct 10, 2004
Good lookin bike! I just picked up a 2001 KX 250 for $2,200. I got it from the original owner who only rode it a couple of times. I don't know why because I am having an absolute blast on this thing! There wasn't a scratch anywhere on this thing when I bought it. There is now though! I ride trails with mine as well. The suspension seems fine to me for trails. But this is my first bike and maybe I don't know any better! Mine is wicked fast and it has way more power than I'll ever need! Matt

Top Bottom