Jul 3, 2008
hi there could anyone tell me why when i take the plate off my clutch to reveal the friction plates and steel plates why there is 2 friction plates together when i am told it should be 1 friction then steeel then same over again also how many plates in total should the bike have..and dont know if it helps but the bike gets stuck in gear sumtimes aswell thanks all

stumanarama

Aug 29, 2007
The reason that you have two friction plates next to one another is probably a direct outcome of someone getting into your clutch who has no business being there. As for how many plates total you should have, I couldn't tell you offhand. I believe that both my 250s have 8 or 9, just not quite sure

pre-game

Jun 17, 2008
stumanarama said:
The reason that you have two friction plates next to one another is probably a direct outcome of someone getting into your clutch who has no business being there. As for how many plates total you should have, I couldn't tell you offhand. I believe that both my 250s have 8 or 9, just not quite sure

Im with him, someone was messin around in there, or even could of added a plate to try and get more life out of a dead clutch? im not sure if my thinking is correct but people do strange things.. just a guess.. :whoa:

motodr9

Sep 1, 2003
Your bike should have 8 friction plates (fiber), and 7 clutch plates (steel/alu). The pack should start with a friction plate and end with a friction plate. The steel or alum. plates alternate between the friction plates.

Top Bottom