Adrenaline

Mod Ban
Oct 26, 2001
Hello,
I may be turning into a pumpkin owner soon. I am looking at the 520SX. I would like to know what the '01 owner's thought of there's and if anyone has a 2002 let me know how your's is.
Have you had any problem's? how's starting? How's power?
What's the best exuast? Is it competitive with the hard hitting YZF and the new CRF?
Thank you again,
Adrenaline

motojunkie

Apr 25, 2001
The '01 520 is an awesome bike. If you have an option, go for the '02 due to the upgraded suspension components. Yes, the 520 will beat a YZF or a CRF, you just have to have the right riding style. IMO the only options are the CRF and the 520 SX, the YZF's are just too damn heavy. If you are OK with the weight, buy a 520SX and install the e-starter, it'll weigh the same as the YZF, and be MUCH easier to start after a stall or crash. Good luck, I hope this helps.

motojunkie

Apr 25, 2001
Starting is MUCH easier than a YZF, haven't tried the CRF. Reliability has been perfect. The first production year was 2000. I'm running the stock exhaust, but I hear really good things about the PC T-4. Stock, I've out-pulled a CRF off the line, and he had an aftermarket exhaust. The best thing is there is lots of power and it's still very controllable. You won't be disappointed with a 520SX.

Top Bottom