tommy218

Nov 10, 2008
hey guys i just bought a 2001 cr 125 its in great condition probably the nicest 01 around. Anyways it bogs very bad and falls flat on its face if i nail a little off idle. But runs great once its revved into the powerband. at first i figured it was a jetting problem and it was lean it has an fmf sst and shorty silencer on it. So i took the carb apart and it had a 35 pilot and 360 main. FMF sugestes a 50 pilot and 360-370 main with the needle in the 2nd clip and 2.5 turns on the air screw. So i put a 50 pilot in and confirmed everything else was right. I ran the bike and ran great in neutral but once under load same think happens. So i put a 45 pilot in and once again same thing. Tomorrow i am going to set the bowl height raise the needle and do a compression test. is there any other tricks out there or has anyone else had this problem if u have please let me know wat you did to fix it. And i dont have a service manuel yet so does anyone know wat the bowl hight should be at when extended and i assume the compression should be around 120-180 if im wrong please let me know Thanks

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
try to lower the clip on the needle (on top of the carb) one notch and it should be done...
by the way do a search about jetting, it should help you...
:cool:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom