fadingfastsd

Sep 7, 2005
Hey guys I've been wondering, is there any way to make my 2001 Honda CR 250 street legal? Is it even possible? What all would I need and about what would it cost? Do you have to re-register it as street legal instead of the green sticker? Any info is appreciated, thanks.

I've been thinking about buying an old cheap street bike for local transportation, but then figured I'd rather spend the money on my awesome CR if its possible.

Thanks!
Evan

oldfrt613

Feeble Sponsoring Member
Jun 29, 2005
You would have to contact your local state police or drivers liscense facility. Requirements very from state to state. You may want to use a thumper instead - premix is tough to find at the pump ;)

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
before you buy a kit/tires,,i'd see if they would sell you a tag first, youll need a motorcyle endorsement on your drivers lic also.. by the time you buy street legal tires and the kit, your first trip down the street will cost about 1000 bux. insurance on a drz400s is about 175 every six months. that 1000 bux would buy alot of regular fuel for a car. also, i'd gear the bike higher. let us know how it turns out.

bordrshane

Dec 13, 2005
street legal

I hear in california you cant register a strictly off road bike for the street anymore. What I do hear is if you have a buddy or a relative that lives in Nevada you can have it registered there, then have it re-registered here in Ca. I guess Nevada is more tolerable, and if it registers in another state, California will register it. I think that is your route. Look into it. I see some CRF 450's smokin around town sometimes.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom