macscr125

Aug 24, 2004
does anyone know which is the best pipe/silencer combo to smoothen out the power of my 2001 cr125? i have been riding 4 stroke wuads all my life and this is my first dirtbike and the motor is very different than what i'm used to. it currently has a bill's pipe and pro circuit silencer i think.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Very few pipes work on the 2001 cr125-in fact very few mods do, best mod is to lower the cylinder 0.5mm but that requires head mods as well, do a search on cr125 2001 and you should find some good threads.

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
Marcus is sooo correct. I put on a PC pipe and it made no diff but I had smashed my stock pipe so it was a good option at the time. I struggled with jetting, etc. without much luck. But, I switched to Boyssen power reeds and smoothed out the low end a bunch. They are fiberglass and seem to open better off the bottom but they also seem to have affected the top end slightly with flutter (negative). There ain't much you can do with the 2001 125 but it's still a fun bike for me. You could have the mill turned into a race engine, Eric Gorr can set it up for your riding style.

Top Bottom