sentrek

Oct 4, 2008
I just recently purchased a 2001 cr125 for 500 bucks because it was not running and the guy it bought from could not get it running, even after a new piston and rings. Long story short after many attempts at trying to get it started myself with no luck i went ahead and tore it all down and found 1 reed that was smashed down inside the cage, i managed to flatten it out the best i could and reinstalled it and wala, the bike fired right up after a few kicks, now here is the question...
This bike has vforce reeds and cage, i am looking to replace the reeds only, where can i find replacment vforce reeds without the cage, or can i purchase any reeds and use on this cage? are they interchangable? I found boysen reeds on ebay for like 30 bucks, can i use these on the vforce cage?dd

Anyhelp is appreciated, it has been 14 years since i have worked on or ridden one of these so i am a little behind the times....

Thanks,
Mike W.

Deadohiosky39

Jul 12, 2008
I'm guessing this is what is in it now http://store.mototassinari.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_17&products_id=32

If you go down to the bottom where it says replacement petal sets it gives you the part number. Here is where you can order just the petals. http://store.mototassinari.com/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=137

Hope this helps. There are other places you can order them from as well. Dennis Kirk, Rocky Mountain, and Chaparral probably all have them as well. Good luck. I love that bike. It was my first full size bike. That thing was a blast. If you get it running well then you got a heck of a deal. Have fun.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
You should not interchange reeds. Modifying them usually means they end up in the cylinder. Do not over torque them iddy biddy screws, it will buckle the reed up.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
You for sure need to use the Mototassinari reeds they are specific to the VForve block you have. If you are inclined to go the cheap route and use stock type replacements you will need a stock reed block because you will be switching back to a 2 reed system instead of a 4 reed system line the VForce.

sentrek

Oct 4, 2008
Well, i think i jumped the gun. I bought the replacement petals for a 2001 cr125 even though my reed block dont match the picture ( i assumed it was a generic picture) and sure enough they dont match, i can not find and that do match what i have. Any ideas, the v force 2 or 3 do not match, was there a v force 1?

I am about to throw down the cash for a whole new cage and all...

bwood

Mar 21, 2004
Check out Rocky Mountian MC/ATV or MotoSport Outlet. There is a V Force 3 and a V Force 2 and they are completly different.

sentrek

Oct 4, 2008
well i went and pulled the reed block out and it is a v force delta 2, i guess i just got too excited and jumped before looking... new petals are on the way....

Top Bottom